Personal mobility issues can often limit access to travel. This webpage aims to give advice and information on accessible services and help those effected use the transport network.
Information can be found on the Governments Webpage for Disability equipment and transport which includes:
- Apply for various means of assistance
- Help on Blue Badge scheme
- Find out about community transport services and Shopmobility
- Medical conditions, disabilities and driving
- Mobility scooters and powered wheelchairs: the rules
- Transport support services for disabled people
Disability equipment and transport - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
North Northamptonshire Council's website Disabled cycling - Cycle Northants (northamptonshire.gov.uk) gives the following guidance:
There are a huge variety of cycles and adaptations available to people with disabilities such as:
- Specialist cycles
- Hand cycles
Get Cycling is a not-for-profit community interest company providing cycles and cycling support to special schools, individuals and community groups.
For more information on what Get Cycling does and how it could benefit you please visit their website: